It’s been a while since I’ve done one of these birthday posts. But I figured milestones must be acknowledged.
That’s how old I am today.
A couple weeks ago, someone at work was joking about being too young to know of a movie that came out in 1986. I mentioned that being the year I started high school, and they stared at me – wide eyed – and asked, “Wait… how old are you?”
I was born in 1972, which was a leap year. It was also the Year of the Rat, and specifically, Water Rat. In Chinese Taoist thought, water is representative of intelligence and wisdom, flexibility, softness, and pliancy; however, an overabundance of the element is said to cause difficulty in choosing something and sticking to it. In the same way, water can be fluid and weak, but can also wield great power when it floods and overwhelms the land.
Here’s some stuff I Googled so you wouldn’t have to…
- In mathematics, 45 is a triangular number, and in particular the sum of all the decimal digits (0 + 1 + 2 + 3 + 4 + 5 + 6 + 7 + 8 + 9 = 45). It is the smallest triangle number (after 1) which can be written as the sum of two squares. It is also a hexagonal and 16-gonal number.
- The number 45 was Michael Jordan’s jersey throughout high school, and when he played Minor League Baseball. When he returned to basketball, he didn’t take up his former number – 23 – in favor of keeping 45, since it meant something to him. But he switched back to 23 when he felt 45 wasn’t cutting it and causing him issues in his game.
- “Grease” had its first Broadway run in 1972, spreading the gospel “A hickey from Kenickie is like a Hallmark card” far and wide.
- Here’s 45 Amazing Facts about the Earth…
- And here’s 45 Facts about The Beatles. (#15 will blow your mind.)
- The first Star Trek fan convention took place in New York City’s Statler-Hilton hotel in 1972.
- 45 is an odd composite number. It is composed of two distinct prime numbers multiplied together. It has a total of six divisors.
- Ziggy Stardust first appeared in 1972. (The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders from Mars)
- 45 degrees Celsius = 113.00 degrees Fahrenheit, where as 45 degrees Fahrenheit = 7.22 degrees Celsius. I think I prefer Fahrenheit cuz I’d be roasting at Celsius…
- Duane “The Rock” Johnson was born in 1972. Put a bag over our heads and we’re like twins. Seriously.
- 45 is the number of the dumbest President.
- The first female FBI agents were hired in 1972.
- Karl Urban was born in 1972. Put a bag over our heads and we’re like twins. Seriously. SHUT UP WE TOTALLY ARE! OMG!
Here’s the Number One Songs of 1972 – Billboard Hot 100
And here’s a video of The Best Songs Of 1972 according to some random YouTuber…