Wanted to drop something here about my upcoming appearance in ONE WEEK at the 2015 Pikes Peak Writers Conference at the Colorado Springs Marriott April 24th through 26th.
I’m on faculty again this year and will be doing a lot of podcasting throughout the event. Those podcasts will be sprinkled between both of my shows – SF Signal and The Functional Nerds – in the weeks following the event.
As a precursor to the event, I did a few podcast interviews with other faculty members. I encourage you to give them a listen even if you don’t plan on attending the conference – they’re still great fun!!
An Interview with Seanan McGuire. Seanan is one of the Keynotes this year, and I always have a lot of fun chatting with her. In this interview, we talk about everything but television shows – because the last time I interviewed her, we spent WAY TOO MUCH time talking about television shows.
An Interview with Josh Vogt. Josh is a long time local friend whose star is rising quickly. He has several new projects coming out including two books! He’s an awesome guy and we talk about his workshops and what he’ll be teaching at the conference, along with many other things like quitting the gym….
An Interview with Angie Hodapp. I get to meet a lot of amazing people thanks to all the podcasts and conventions and whatnotall I do, and Angie is one of those people. She’s teaching several things at the conference that I feel don’t get enough attention from new and established authors – like contracts and royalty statements. She’s also going to be talking with Josh Vogt about scams people run against authors. We have a lot of fun in this chat, so check it out.
As for me, I’m specifically talking about all things podcasting, and along with the always awesome Aaron Michael Ritchey, will be part of a Q&A with R.L. Stine – which I believe I’ll also be able to podcast and release later. In the podcasts above, and also on The Functional Nerds, I talked about teaching a Scrivener class. That has changed. Rather than do one as part of conference, we’re now talking about a longer, more in-depth class sometime this summer so we can really dig into it and help people get more out of using Scrivener. As more details on that emerge, I’ll share them here on the blog.
If you’re looking for me, I’ll either be in the lobby/bar/Starbucks area, or here:
FRIDAY, 4/24/2015 –
- 8:45am: Podcast Interview with Trai Cartwright
- 10:00am: Podcast Interview with Kevin Ikenberry
- 11:30am – 1:00pm: Welcome Lunch (Grand Ballroom)
- 1:30pm: Podcast Interviews with R.L. Stine and Mary Kay Andrews
- 5:30pm – 6:30pm: Faculty and Staff Mixer (Aspen Leaf)
- 6:30pm: Dinner in the Grand Ballroom
- 8:00pm – ? THE BARCON
SATURDAY, 4/25/2015 –
- 9:10am: Podcast Interviews with Melissa Flashman and Margaret Bail
- 11:45am – 1:15pm: Lunch in the Grand Ballroom
- 1:40pm – 2:40pm: A Walk Down Fear Street: Q&A With R.L. Stine (Aspen Leaf)
- 2:50pm: Podcast Interview with J.A. Kazimer
- 4:20pm – 5:20pm: All Things Podcasting (Salon GH)
- 7:30pm: BANQUET DINNER in the Grand Ballroom
- 9:00pm – ? THE BARCON
SUNDAY, 4/26/2015 –
- 9:00am: Podcast interview with Laura DisIlverio
- 10:10am: Podcast Interview with Andrew Gross
- 12:30pm: Farewell Lunch (Grand Ballroom)
I look forward to seeing everyone at PPWC! It’s a wonderful conference filled with some really great people.