The news broke this weekend that the Hugo Nominations had dropped. My name is on the list.
I’m thrilled and humbled to be sharing space with so many other talented podcasters (and authors, editors, and fans…!).
The SF Signal Podcast has been nominated in the Best Fancast category 3 years running now, and that’s amazing, and I am so grateful to everyone who has nominated and voted for us. In years past, John DeNardo and JP Frantz, as the founders and forces behind SF Signal itself, have shared in the fancast nomination. This year, they had a secret meeting and decided they weren’t going to do that. Instead, they told the Hugo Committee to put my name on there alone. In John’s words, “Patrick Hester does all the heavy lifting there.”
This is where the ‘humbled’ part comes in. Being nominated is exciting. Having people like and appreciate what you do, humbling. Especially when your friends go that extra mile to point it out and say thanks – and that’s what I feel John and JP did this year. So thanks guys! LOVE YA MAN!
I would like to thank all the people who nominated us – ya’ll rock. I’d also like to thank all the people who come on the show and make it what it is. Without you, it would just be me talking by myself – and where’s the fun in that?
I would like to congratulate everyone else nominated for Best Fancast. There are some remarkable and talented people nominated this year:
- The Coode Street Podcast Jonathan Strahan and Gary K. Wolfe
- Galactic Suburbia Podcast Alisa Krasnostein, Alexandra Pierce, Tansy Rayner Roberts (Presenters) and Andrew Finch (Producer)
- SF Signal Podcast Patrick Hester
- The Skiffy and Fanty Show Shaun Duke, Jen Zink, Julia Rios, Paul Weimer, David Annandale, Mike Underwood, and Stina Leicht
- Tea and Jeopardy Emma Newman
- Verity! Deborah Stanish, Erika Ensign, Katrina Griffiths, L.M. Myles, Lynne M. Thomas, and Tansy Rayner Roberts
- The Writer and the Critic Kirstyn McDermott and Ian Mond
People have already started asking if I will be at WolrdCon this year, and and answer is: Buh?!
Honestly, I cannot afford the trip. I am considering a kickstarter. I’ll let you know more about that as I pull something together.
As for now – I just want to say one thing: