Scrivener Update: 2.4.1

Share

Screen shot 2013-05-09 at 10.57.05 PMWell.  I finally did it.  I installed the update for Scrivener.  This brings me up to the 2.4.1 version and should fix some bugs – I’m just not certain that I was aware of the bugs.  Either way, I’ve done the update and I have to say, so far, so good.

Here’s the full list of what this update does / fixes:

Scrivener 2.4.1 Change List

Scrivener 2.4.1 is a bug-fix release that addresses some minor issues with 2.4. It should also help resolve the eSellerate registration and activation issues that some users have been experiencing.

Changes:

  • Fixed bug whereby file references with spaces in the file path could not be opened from Scrivener’s references pane.
  • Fixed bug whereby there could be a typing lag in scaled footnotes in the inspector.
  • Improved buffer area around editor split-divider when double-clicking to make editors same width or height.
  • Fixed bug whereby clicking the “Move…” toolbar items repeatedly and quickly could cause an exception to be thrown.
  • Fixed bug whereby replacements didn’t work in e-book NCX titles.
  • “Project Properties” is now the first pane in Meta-Data Settings.
  • Fixed bug whereby Compile presets panel resizing would not resize the presets tab view.
  • Moved “Show Titles in Scrivenings” to the Format > Options menu.
  • Updated certain non-Retina toolbar items to match those used on Retina displays.
  • Forward references are now supported in autonumbering, using e.g. <$n#keyword:tag> to refer to numbers generated using <$n:keyword:tag>.
  • Fixed bug whereby exception could be thrown when typing in old script formats.
  • Scrivener no longer throws up internal error alerts by default. The error alert feature was introduced in 2.4, but there are too many harmless errors that get thrown by plugins or OS X itself which can trigger an alert message. It can be turned back on via a new “Show internal error alerts” preference, but should only be turned on if you encounter strange problems in Scrivener.
  • Fixed bug whereby footnote markers would not have a space after them in exported RTF files if the text was not left-aligned.

As I said, so far, so good.  I’ll let you know if anything comes up.

~P