Just a progress report on my Daily Wordcount Goals. This is not bragging – it’s me holding myself accountable publicly where I can be mocked should I get lazy
I’m shooting for a daily wordcount goal of 3,000 words. That’s fiction only.
My productivity took a major hit this week due to A Memory of Light. I’ve been using the time I would normally devote to writing, to reading that book. At first, I was able to read a little here and there and set it down, but the further I got into the book, the more I wanted to keep pushing to the next scene, the next chapter. I finished it on the 18th, so I should be able to get back into the writing now…
Here’s my progress for the week:
- Jan 13: 0 words or 0% of my daily goal
- Jan 14: 0 words or 0% of my daily goal
- Jan 15: 3,496 words or 116.53% of my daily goal
- Jan 16: 3,238 words or 107.93% of my daily goal
- Jan 17: 529 words or 17.63% of my daily goal
- Jan 18: 1,274 words or 42.47% of my daily goal
- Jan 19: 2,493 words or 83.10% of my daily goal
Some other metrics:
- Total Words so far since starting on the 7th: 24,719
- Average Daily Wordcount: 1,901.46
- 26.58% of Monthly Goal completed.