So. I started this new thing; everyday I take my laptop and I go off somewhere during my lunch hour and I write. At best I get 45 minutes of writing time, but it’s 45 (figuring 10 for travel, 5 for ordering) minutes that I wouldn’t otherwise have, so it’s worth it.
So far, I’ve used this little writing break to create:
- New blog posts for this site
- My post for Grasping for the Wind
- My post for Sfsignal.com
- Editing of my short story (tentatively titled ‘Cahill’s Homecoming’)
- Writing of that same short story
- Light editing of my novel, Sam Kane (kinda hard to get into novel mode with only 45 minutes)
The idea here is to never have a day when I don’t get AT THE VERY LEAST, 45 minutes worth of writing time in. If you’re going to be a writer (and I am), you have to write and you have to do it every single day.
This lunch break is my way of making that happen – what’s yours?