If imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, then surely Hollywood duplication, rehashing, rebooting and out right copying must be the key to big box office bank, right?
With the ‘reboot’ (I am really coming to hate that word now) of the ‘Star Trek’ franchise and the elimination to all references Roddenberry, Holywood has a new way of redoing stuff we’ve already seen but making it legitimate in their eyes. It’s not a sequel! It’s a -reboot-! They’re breathing new life into something old and dated! They are, in short, out of or afraid of new ideas and since something worked once, it will probably work again if they throw enough CGI and lens flares at it!
So, because I can, I’ve come up with my list of 10 things Hollywood should absolutely not remake, rehash & reboot. Will they listen to me? No. But it’s still on my brain and therefore must come out!
10. The Pink Panther (I know they did, but they shouldn’t have)
9. Star Wars (I’ve read rumors)
8. Battlestar Galactica (A movie? Now? Really? And nothing to do with the SciFi show?!?!)
7. Land of the Lost (see #10 above)
6. Predator (I’m sorry but… No.)
5. A Nightmare on Elm Street (Oh god…)
4. Scream (…)
3. Robocop (Kill me now.)
2. Aliens (AGAIN?!)
1. Buffy the Vampire Slayer (Absolute stupidity)